Monday, March 26, 2012

Good Morning! Go to Time-Out...

When you are 2 years old, you are just like everybody else.  You have your good days and you have your bad ones.  It’s just when you are 2 you have no idea how to express what you are feeling so in turn you drive your mother completely insane and get sent to “Time-Out” 3 times in about 20 minutes.  This was our morning.  In fact, it was our first 20 minutes of the day!  Poor Brody and poor me!  So, when our day starts off like today did, I have to stop and recognize that he is definitely having a bad day and might need a little more attention from his Mommy.  This was not an easy decision because I battled between the logics of “Well, what if by paying him more attention I promote this behavior?  Almost reward it?” and “I think giving him some real one on one time will help him, and my sanity, through this day.”  I also decided that when he is acting out so much it helps me to go over all of the adorable things he is into lately and BOOM! It gave me the idea for this post!  So while he is now napping, I will fondly think of him before he wakes up and pushes my patience for the remainder of the day.  Who knows?  Maybe he just needed a good nap.
"The smile on his face melts my heart!  He loves his Sissy.... even when she is crying."

Brody is really into basketball.  I mean REALLY into it.  So my brother, James, got him this sweat band for Christmas.  Hilarious.

He loves any kind of ball.  Marbles included.

He loves playing "Superman" with his father.  What is "superman" you ask? ANY kind of play where Travis throws him.  He just happens to be wearing an awesome pink cape this time.

I have a very sweet natured little boy.  This picture of my mom holding him and Scarlett reminds me of it.

He is going through a Band-Aid phase.  I got a box of Angry Birds Band-Aids and now he always needs a "Gan-Gaid" on his forehead somewhere.  Plus he just looks absurd.

I bet you didn't know that Brody also has a blog.

Brody watched TV like this for a long time.  Whenever I do his laundry, he can't resist a good ole sit and stare session inside of his laundry basket.
Meet Puppy.  Brody sleeps with him every nap and every night.  He insisted that Puppy needs a diaper too. 

This is the move Brody does every single time he hears the bad ass tunes of The Fresh Beat Band. The song "Rockstar" particularly.
This boy LOVES to color! This is a very new thing and I am enjoying it so much!

We made a fort out of the pillows, couch, and ottoman yesterday.  Awesomeness ensued.


1 comment:

  1. i knew that puppy was an awesome idea and possibly saved you from getting a real one ;) ...plus, super excited that brody will not make the puppy be embarrassed by allowing him to pee and poop all over himself. brody is so sweet and such a good boy =).

    ReplyDelete